Sunday: We attended meetings in Kirtland 2nd Ward and enjoyed their testimony meeting – we both had an opportunity to bear our testimonies during their meeting and it felt good.
Monday: Dennis left at 6 a.m. on a mission road trip to take care of several housing issues and to make visits along the way. One of his first priorities was to check out the missionary trailer in Cameron as we will have a couple of elders assigned to that Branch in the near future. He also secured a new apartment for a couple of elders in Flagstaff to move into. He visited missionary apartments in Leupp, Dilkon, Indian Wells, and then spent the night on Hunt Road.
I caught a ride to the mission office with Sister Combs who drove in from Aztec to do some shopping. In the afternoon I caught a ride home with Joanne when she made her run to pick up Jared from work at the library. After I got home I put on my work clothes and got up my courage to walk down the street and ask the folks who have apple trees in their yard if I could pick up some of their wind falls. The lady graciously told me that I could have all I wanted and could even pick off the tree. So I picked three grocery bags full and then wondered what I was thinking – I would have to carry those bags all the way up the street. I picked up the bags and took two or three steps when a truck came by and the driver asked if I needed a lift. I looked into his kind face and told him I sure did. So he got out and lifted my three bags of apples into the back and then helped me hop up into the front -- then I told him where I was going. As it turned out, he also lives on Samantha Lane just a couple of houses down from the Paynes. He delivered me to our doorstep and I told him thank you and that he had probably saved my life!
Tuesday: Dennis got up early and visited the following missionary apartments: Sanders, Ganado, St. Michaels/Ft. Defiance, Gallup, Ft. Wingate, Ramah, Grants, and then Crownpoint. He got home around 11 pm.
I caught a ride to the mission office with Joanne – she works in the family history library upstairs from our office on Tuesday mornings. It was zone conference for the Farmington/Kirtland zones upstairs in our building that day. I went up to join the other missionaries for lunch and asked Sister Batt if I could catch a ride home with her as the mission home is close to our apartment. After zone conference was over I quickly gathered up my things and rode home in that cute little NEW red car. Sister Batt is a gracious lady and very easy to visit with, I like her a lot.
Wednesday: The highlight of our day was dinner with our office staff at the mission home. Sister Batt prepared lasagna and homemade rolls and asked the rest of us to fill in on the menu. I took apple crisp fresh out of the (Paynes’)oven. It was a jolly, fun evening of visiting and sharing.
Thursday: For our devotional I shared my apple picking experience, the details of which will most likely be my next edition of “Linda’s Lovenotes.”
Friday: We put in a long, busy day at the office and were the last ones to leave. As we were walking out the door Dennis remarked that he felt like he used to feel on Friday afternoons after a long, hard week teaching school.
Saturday: After we got our laundry done we went over to the AP garage to work on putting together dishes and other items we will need to furnish our new missionary apartments. Dennis worked on vacuum cleaners AGAIN and got three of them unplugged and working again so we can use them. The APs brought us out a quesadilla during their lunch time and that held us together until we got to a good quitting place – then decided to go finish it off at “Si Senor” (and thought of Lari and how much she enjoyed eating there!). That gave us the boost we needed to head to Walmart to do our missionary housewares shopping (iron, ironing board, mop, broom, etc.). We got home about 7 and it was still really warm so we tried the pool for the first time. It was WONDERFUL!
No comments:
Post a Comment